Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Star Wars//Rian Johnson

I'm gonna write my blog post on what everyone's writing their blogposts on...the recent announcement that Rian Johnson will be the writer and director for Star Wars: VIII and IX.




I, for one, am extremely excited! He wrote/directed films like Brick, The Brothers Bloom, and Looper.  Even though I liked all, the one exception being Looper, each film lacked nothing in the narrative department and all were superbly filmed.

In the article it says,"He knows his way around sci-fi, but more key, he brings fresh ideas to tired conventions, and the thought of him being able to work in the universe of "Star Wars" for two big sequels is pretty terrific. We're sure he's pumped, too."

Although he was more interested in developing new original ideas for films rather than taking on pre-existing projects I think that is the very reason why his two installments will be great! I'm confident that he's sure to create a much more original fantasy sci-fi than your typical adaptations or continuations.

And now as I hear all the new casting choices with people like Lupita Nyong'o, Gwendoline Christie, and Adam Driver I'm getting extremely stoked. I feel like all of the choices for this film, though uncharacteristic, are extremely interesting and different. These films have such potential.

In the end with Abrams directing VII, I think this next trilogy installment is going to be insane!


Source: http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/hell-yes-rian-johnson-lines-up-star-wars-episode-8-and-star-wars-episode-9-20140620

No comments:

Post a Comment