Thursday, July 17, 2014

Movie Walls//Mini Pies

The end is nigh dear friends I literally have one weekend left before one of my best friend's weddings on the 26th. I'm freaking out. So for now no more time talk. Onto my week...which is what I know you all want.

I started off my week right with an informational with Helen Caldwell (Script Supervisor, Breaking Bad). And you dear reader might be wondering how did I get in contact with such a cool person? Literally, the most typical way for anyone to get in contact with anyone in this industry a friend of a friend knows her and gave me her number many moons ago before I came to LA. It was fantastic! She's such an amazing person and had an incredible amount of wisdom to pass on. And an apprenticeship might be in my future....fingers crossed.

We went to TBS/TNT on Tuesday to chat with people in the industry to hear how they entered into the industry and what their current jobs are. Yet, another inspiring experience to add to the myriad of talks we've had while in LA. The common factor in most of these talks is that one key experience/connection that catapults their careers and in this industry there's only one direction to move and that's up! I think I can do it. I just need to find my one experience. That's what I'm praying for.

Movie wall at TBS/TNT.


On Wednesday, right after my internship I was off to Beverly Hills to the Paley Center again but this time for the premiere of the new tv series Manhattan. I don't think I'll ever get over how cool it is to not only go to premieres but to see famous people. There was a reception beforehand and as we walked into one of the rooms to get free drinks as I looked around I realized there was a ton LOST relics and that's my show. Needless, to say I was sufficiently entertained even if the premiere had been canceled. Luckily I got the best of both worlds. The main person I was excited to see at this premiere was none other than Olivia Williams who's not only been in some Joe Wright (aka one of my favorite director's of all time) films but also played Jane Austen in BBC's Miss Austen's Regrets and Jane Fairfax in Emma. And after screening the pilot for a fantastic show that I'll definitely be following from week to week there was a gift table. One thing I will never turn down is free stuff. They were handing out gift bags with free shirts and boxes with mini, baby pies. Too cute!


Paley Center.



LOST relics.
John Locke's casket.

Remnants of Oceanic Flight 815.

We did some shopping in on Fairfax on Thursday after class. Shopping here is fun and a different experience, let's just say that. Also, shopping trips initiated by boys are sure to be interesting as well.


I've begun to look down as I walk because of the cool sidewalk art!

Saturday was the we had the Writer's Guild Workshop which was interesting. I was excited to hear from the writer of Castle which I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on this trip who was. I swear that show brings out my inner middle-aged stay at home mum. Who cares? I love it anyways! Afterwards, me and my roommates ventured to Fat Sal's for lunch. Yet another food outing that has left my life changed. The food was pricey but delicious. The amount/variety of things you can put on a sandwich makes its namesake well-deserved. Next time...I wanna try a Fat Shake.

Fat Sal's Glorious Grilled Chicken Sandwich.


Internship this past week was the same. I watched Youtube videos....so many Youtube videos and I continued my research. However, at the end of the week I got to sit in on a creative meeting that lasted over 2 hours during which we watched over 10 minutes of vine videos. Kind of perfect if you ask me, sitting in a conference room watching vine's on Youtube. That's our industry folks and it's pretty sweet.

Ended the week with another visit to my favorite neighborhood hipster church Mosaic. I wouldn't be me unless I gave Jesus a shout out on here and plus the lesson was really good. So here's what I got for you friends...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding... - Proverbs 3:5

Trust is an essential element to a relationship with God.
- If you don't trust people you won't trust God.
- And the prerequisite to a relationship with God is to say "yes" no matter what.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. - Galatians 3:28
- God wants to move us from being a person to a people.

Then he took the book of the covenant and read it in the hearing of the people; and they said, "All that the LORD has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient!" - Exodus 24:7
- Do and obey seems redundant but it's not an accident. Trusting the Lord before we understand.
- Literally meaning we will say "yes" and then understand. Order of do and obey is not an accident.

Last but not least remember to trust God no matter what...

Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him. - Job 13:15

Well that's all I got friends. Until next week...

P.S. Shout out to Zach who told me not to blog...in class (I didn't listen) and gave me verses to look up...in class. Thanks friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment