Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Viral Plague//Teen Wolf

Let me first say that this week did not feel like a week at all...and it wasn't. I went to internship one day, toured the FOX lot, was out sick/stayed home for my second day of internship, toured the Teen Wolf set, went to Hermosa beach for the 4th, and topped of my weekend binging Teen Wolf and went to The Grove.

On my one and only day of internship I continued research and youtube video watching which resulted in my new found obsession with Scientology(I know...I have a problem) and got to experience the loveliness of food from a place called Cabbage Patch. I had a grilled veggie sandwich that changed my life, believe me. Plus, it's fun to say, "I ate a cabbage patch."

On Tuesday we went to the Fox lot which was pretty cool. We toured the lot and got a chance to see the Modern Family sound stage. The lot was super nice and I loved the murals on the side of each stage building! While, I've only seen a few episodes of Modern Family it was still neat to see the trickery of sets. Everything is smaller, the plants aren't real, and the fridges hold fake food. After our tour concluded we adjourned to the commissary to watch the World Cup. What an experience. Boys like their sports, they do....they do. Even though US lost I think it's pretty cool that I can say I watched the World Cup US 2014 game on the FOX lot. I mean, not many can say that, am I right?

FOX lot.

Seven Year Itch mural.

Modern Family set.


Wednesday was my sick day. I woke up an incubus of viral plague and called in sick to my second and final day of internship this week. And with a cup of Emergen-C I stayed home, slept, vegged, and watched a TON of free movies On Demand. In the end my sick day film list included: Jumper, In Time, bit of Avatar, my personal favorite Oblivion, Place Beyond the Pines, and Beasts of the Southern Wild. It was a good day.

Thursday, we went for a little set visit for Teen Wolf. This was a particularly new and unique experience because we got to see the behind the scenes offices. As we toured we got to see concept art, storyboards, floor plans, wardrobe trailers, and then the sound stage. While seeing all the cool sets I was impressed at the sheer size and scope, even though I had no idea what the locations were. After my tour I took this as the perfect opportunity to binge watch the show...and now some delayed fangirling is happening. Typical for me. I love how I was taking pictures of things I didn't know and now I'm recognizing things little by little as I watch and it's too much fun. Nothing like a set visit to put a binge watch in motion.

Teen Wolf art.


Stiles' jeep from Teen Wolf.

We rented a party bus to go to Hermosa and after a sparkly, hot, sweaty ride(the AC did not work) and hour long commute, we arrived. And there we stayed. The sun was hot, the water was cold, and the company was fun. Spent 5 bucks on a lunch that never came. Watched fireworks on the beach and a house performance that'll leave my life forever changed...pop music and celebrity impersonators. Guys, I saw "Miley Cyrus" and a wrecking ball! Life changed. The ride home was eventful. The party bus had a pole and let's just say there are things that I'll never unsee nor would I want to. It was a fun, weird 4th that's for sure.

Saturday I finally got to experience The Grove. Fountains with synchronized music and stores with high prices. It sure was a pretty place though.

The Grove.

No comments:

Post a Comment