Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Community//Yahoo


Yesterday, I first read on a not-so-reliable source that Community had been picked up for it's sixth season by Yahoo.com, which was a bit of a wild card. There was some dispute as to whether or not if it was true but then other reliable sites started to report on it too. I have to say (personally) I'm ecstatic! This show holds a very near and dear place in my heart as I too went to a community college prior to UGA. And while my experiences weren't nearly as exciting or unique, surprisingly, a lot of things about this show mirrored my experience in a special way. The show's pop-culture and film references, homages, and witty dialogue are a thing of beauty(I don't exaggerate). There are some references that I didn't even understand until I went to university, which is crazy since the show is about community college but I digress...

Community's cult following is the chief contributor to keeping this series alive.

In the article Joel McHale is quoted saying, " 'The reports of our cancelation have been greatly exaggerated.' — Mark Twain (The other version of this quote has been wrong for years). #SixSeasonsAndaMovie is real. Thank you Sony. Thank you Yahoo. Thank you Dan Harmon. And thank you to the greatest f%$#ing fans in the history of the human race. It’s the internet. We can swear now."

This series has been through a lot from characters leaving, schedule changes, and now the transition from television to internet. However, as a fan, it has been an incredible ride because of how much that has actually worked out even amidst all the drama. I think this transition and unique journey for this show will make history. It's sad when such good quality shows have to go through so much to get shown but the dedication to making this show happen makes it all worth while.

All I gotta say is #SixSeasonsandAMovie might be closer than we think....

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/community-returning-sixth-season-yahoo-715857

No comments:

Post a Comment