Tuesday, June 17, 2014

LAFF 2014//Actors Talk

While perusing The Hollywood Reporter I found a good 'ole article on the coffee talk that we went to but a few days ago. So why not write on that, shall I?


First of all, I have to say that aside from Alfred Molina I wasn't really familiar with the panel of actors I went to hear speak on Sunday. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the wisdom they all had to share. Sometimes I tend to get a little high and mighty when it comes to what parts of the industry that I want to be a part of, but in the talk/article Olivia Munn made an extremely good point saying, "...work as hard as you can, keep your head down, say thank you as much as possible. Nothing is ever too small … just be part of something great."

This industry is tough and sometimes that means working on projects I might not be passionate about. However, who knows what doors those opportunities may open OR what lessons I may learn from those experiences. For me, hearing these little bits of wisdom from talented people who've made it in this industry just furthered my zeal/passion for my future career. They taught me to never look down on any opportunity that comes my way. I'd hate to overlook an opportunity that I deem too small that could be my doorway into my future...

And just like Alfred Molina said, "The moment that you hear action, it doesn't matter if there is $200 million behind the camera or $250,000 or whatever … the moment is the same."


Also, is it weird that when I read  a sentence that referenced how the actors..."all regaled the audience with stories about their acting experiences." I was like, "That was me! I was 'the audience'!" Is it weird? Because I still think it's really cool!


Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/laff-2014-olivia-munn-demian-712013

No comments:

Post a Comment